OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
In 2016 3,285 boxes were received at the Relay Center here at FCC. This area conitinues to bless others each and every year through OCC. What a stellar effort to spread the Gospel!!
It is never to early to start planning for your shoeboxes for 2017. Collection week is always the third week of November. If you have questions about OCC, please email Christy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also check out their website at www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/.
Why should I participate in Operation Christmas Child?
- It is an outreach that is completed before Thanksgiving.
- Fulfills the Great Commission. (Matthew 28:20)
- Provides a hands-on missions project without the cost of a mission trip.
- Is fun for everyone!
- Emphasizes the power of prayer, you have to depends on God to work a miracle through this simple act of kindness.
- It is a great family activity.
- Helps everyone learn about giving.
- Teaches everyone to think globally, but also participate personally, by sending a shoebox gift to another child.
- Gives you an exciting opportunity to reach the world’s most oppressed population segment- children.
- Allows people to reach needy children in a personal way by including a letter and photo in their shoebox gift.
- Is a great activity to do with your family and friends.
You can find out more about Operation Christmas Child from their website www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/